Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Tale of the Giant and the Very Small Girl

Miss Kenna has drawn to my attention that my last couple of posts have been sad.  I promise this one isn't going to be sad though!

Last night I had my very first productive I Love You rehearsal!  The male understudy, Alex, was actually at rehearsal for once (I don't blame him for not ever being there though, he was in King Lear) so we went into a separate room during rehearsal and walked through a bunch of scenes and practiced our music together.  I think the best part of the whole night was when I had to teach Alex the dance for the Marriage Tango, and I learned how difficult it is to dance with really tall people.  He is 6'5"!  And how short am I?  5'3"!  He is 1'2" taller than me!  It's crazy!

So just try and picture this height difference.  And now try and picture me dancing a tango with this guy.  Difficult, right?  Well it is!  Not only do I have to attempt to dance with this kid, but I also have to kiss him at some point.  Not really sure how that one is going to work out.

I find this height difference extremely amusing since it makes all our scenes even more awkward and funny!  We're rehearsing again today at 2 since he has work and can't come to our regular rehearsal, so it's going to be another fun day of attempting to do scenes with a giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment