Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Audition

Today I am going to audition for SUU Live, which is the new Vaudeville here at school.  It's basically a talent show of sorts that is completely Theatre student run.  The performances are every other Thursday nights and they always have auditions the Wednesday before at 5 p.m.

So I decided I would audition since I already have a bunch of piano songs already in my back pocket.  I could sing Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy:
Or Samson by Regina Spektor:
Or Christina Grimmie's version of E.T. by Katy Perry:
And I've also recently learned a new song called Hey, Listen.  It's a very nerdy song about Zelda characters.  Navi (the fairy who is always saying Hey, Listen in the game) is singing to Link about how much she loves him.
I don't do the song like the way it is in this video much, but the lyrics are the same.  I made the chords more depressing and dark instead and don't do the weird voice things she does.  I love the song though!  I think it's way funny!

I know a lot more songs, but these are the few I'm trying to decide between.
I'll blog about how it goes later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment