Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nerdfighters

I am a nerd!  I am a book loving/theatre junkie/zelda playing/zombie fetish/music listening/genuinely caring about things nerd!  And yes I can fully, openly admit it!  I truly don't understand what is so wrong about being a nerd.  Calling someone a nerd is like saying "Hey I noticed you'd rather be intelligent than stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than vapid, that you'd rather be genuine than fake, and that you think there are more important things than Justin Bieber's love life and whether or not he's the father of that one girls baby."

Once upon a time in the land of Nerdfighteria there was a man named John Green who has written some of my very favorite books!  He and his awesome brother Hank Green decided to start a vlog.  Which has recently become my absolute favorite thing on youtube.  They are called the vlogbrothers and have created a community of Nerdfighters.  What is a Nerdfighter you may ask?  Are they people who fight nerds?  No!  They are people who instead of being made up of cells and matter are instead made out of awesome, and they fight against world suck.  They are completely pro-nerd (mostly because every Nerdfighter is in fact a nerd) and are against popular people.

I want to join this community of nerds!  I don't understand why people wouldn't want to be a nerd.  Because being a nerd means you can be unironically enthusiastic about things.  Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-while-simultaneously-doing-your-happy-dance-and-gurgling-in-excitement-you-can't-control-yourself love stuff!  Why can't everyone just understand that nerd life is so much better than regular life?

If you want to understand more about this Nerdfighter community that I am talking about just watch this video:
Basically these two men are my hero's!
The End
and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment