Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Reason Behind the Love

This blog post is for my dear friend Mads who was wondering why I love the story of Peter Pan so much.  So here goes:

I don't want to grow up.  I never have, and I never will.  That's why I still play pretend whenever I can.  This is also why I love theatre so much!  It's just playing pretend in front of an audience and you have a chance to entertain and make people happy (or give them something to really think about depending on what kind of show it is.)

I have a small fear that involves growing up: I'm scared that I will lose my understanding and love of childhood innocence.  So a land where you never have to grow up appeals to me.  Neverland sounds like the most magical place in the world!  I want to spend all of my life in a wonderful world of mystery and play where I never have to worry about growing up.

So basically that's the gist of why I love Peter Pan so much.  Plus it contains some of the best lines in the entire universe!  My absolute favorite version is the 2003 version of Peter Pan with Jeremy Sumpter as Peter (he's so adorable!)
(P.S. I don't own this movie *hint hint* to anyone interested in making me the happiest person in the entire universe.  And no Maddie I am not talking to you so don't you dare even think about it!  You already bought me the best birthday present anyone could ever ask for!)

Anyway onto my favorite quotes from this movie:

"Forget them, Wendy.  Forget them all.  Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again!"

"I want always to be a boy, and have fun."

"Then go home.  Go home and grow up.  And take your feelings with you!"

"You offend reason, sir.  I should like to offend it with you."

"One girl's worth more than 20 boys."

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

"Have you not noticed?  Observe her mouth.  There, hidden in the right hand corner."  "Is that a kiss?"  "A hidden kiss."  "But what is it for?"  "It is for the greatest adventure of all.  They that find it have slipped in and out of heaven."  "Find what?"  "The one the kiss belongs to." 

End of quotes.

So there it is.  My reasons for loving Peter Pan so much.  So basically I've just come to the realization that I refuse to grow up.  And someday I will find a man who also refuses to grow up and then we can not grow up together!  

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment